Travel to Russia
Entry Travel Updates
According to the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation №635-R of March 16 2020, for the purpose of ensuring state security, protecting public health and non-proliferation of a new coronavirus infection entry to the territory of the Russian Federation is allowed from certain countries.
Tourists from the following countries can come to Russia:
- Great Britain
- Dominican Republic
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- Northern Macedonia
- Sri Lanka
- Czech Republic
- South Africa
The main conditions for tourists coming to Russia:
The tourist must be a citizen of one of the listed countries or have a residence permit (any other document that gives the right to permanent residence in these countries).
А tourist can get to the territory of Russia only by plane (except for citizens of Abkhazia and South Ossetia) and only from the territory of their country.
Documents required for entry into the territory of the Russian Federation:
A certificate with a negative result of a COVID-19 test. When crossing the border of the Russian Federation, it is necessary to have a medical document (in Russian or English) confirming the negative PCR test result for COVID-19 -– to be taken in the 3 days before you travel to Russia. *You do not need to quarantine if you have a PCR certificate.
Application form of the person arriving on the territory of the Russian Federation Must be filled in before arrival on the territory of Russia.
An International passport.
Visa You need to apply for a visa at the nearest visa center in your country. Important: the registration of electronic visas to Russia has been temporarily suspended.
Visa application form
You can fill it out on the website of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Insurance policy The medical insurance policy (VMI) must be valid throughout Russia and cover a possible case of COVID-19 infection.
Confirmation of the reservation of a hotel or any other place of residence (you will need to provide for visa processing).
What rules and recommendations should be followed when traveling in Russia?
- wear a medical mask and gloves in public places: shops, transport, public institutions, and museums.
keep 1.5-2 meters from other people.
try not to visit crowded places.
use a taxi instead of public transport.
Only certain categories of citizens can come from other countries:
diplomats and their family members;
pilots, drivers and captains of international flights;
foreigners — family members of Russian citizens;
citizens who need to take care of their closest relatives (for example: husbands, wives, children, mothers and fathers);
citizens who have a residence permit in Russia;
displaced persons participating in the Government's program (for more information, see Decree No. 637 of June 22, 2006);
citizens coming for treatment (documents must be issued by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation);
citizens entering in connection with the death of a close relative (a death certificate and a document confirming the degree of kinship are required);
For more information, visit the website of the Border Service of the FSB of Russia.
The Covid-19 safety protocols for river travel in Russia.
The safety, health and well-being of passengers and crewmembers on board is the highest priority of S-Cruises. We pay special attention to the recommendations developed by the Federal Service for Supervision of Consumer Rights Protection and Human well-being to make your trip safe and enjoyable.Basic preventive measures:
- Safe protocols demand that a distance of at least 1.50 meters required among people.
- Handshakes and other rituals of physical greeting prohibited.
- Passengers are regularly interviewed about their well-being
- When boarding the ship, the crewmembers do the temperature check using a non-contact clinical thermometer.
- Wearing masks in public places is recommended.
- Keys and boarding passes are disinfected
- Public places are regularly disinfected
- Disinfection of the ship's ventilation system using disinfectants
- Crew access to each cabin is always with preliminary hand disinfection
- Installation of dispensers with antiseptic at the entrance to all public premises
- The possibility of purchasing personal hygiene items: disposable gloves and masks
- Alcohol wipes in individual packaging and / or antibacterial gels in all public places
- The crew of the vessel wears personal protective equipment
- Disinfection of tourists ' hands with non-contact disinfectants at the entrance of the ship
- Non-contact temperature check of all tourists
- Use non-contact disinfectants in front of restaurants
- Social distancing of 1.5 m.
- Bar snacks are served individually for each guest
- All restaurant and bar staff must use appropriate personal protective equipment in the cooking area and public places.
Before the start of the excursion program, all buses will be thoroughly disinfected, including seat belts and all coverings
Accommodation of passengers in accordance with the norms of social distancing.
In the case of double docking at ports, the crew and passengers should follow the rules of hygiene and social distancing; quickly pass through the neighboring ship to the exit without forming groups.Entertainment program:
During the performance, a social distance of 1.5 m is required
Board games and entertainment are possible in accordance with the application of the rules of social distancing.COVID-19 cases on board
If there is a suspicion of a COVID-19 case of a crewmember or a passenger, the following procedure is applied:
The sick passenger is provided with individual accommodation.
Further action will be carried out in accordance with the protocol of the shipping company.The crew member / passenger agrees in writing to remain in self-isolation until the arrival of the medical team and avoid contact with other people. This applies until the state of health is clearly determined by qualified personnel.
Preventing the spread of COVID-19 and ensuring your safety is the main priority of S-Cruises!